My wife and I just moved into our first house. On our deck outside, there are 2 lights. One is a single bulb wall mounted and the other one are two flood lights. These are controlled by two indiviual switches on the wall right next to the sliding doors. They have been working fine until last night when I went to put them on, they both went out, like a bulb blew. I didnt honestly think all 3 bulbs could go at once, so I only tried changing one, which didnt work. I then thought maybe the switches were bad, so I changed them next( I was going to anyway)they are single pole, which I replaced them with single pole again. The breaker didnt pop either. The only thing that I did prior to that was I took the face plate off one of the wall sockets,but the outlet was a little loose. Could that be the problem? But, again the breaker didnt pop. Any help would be appreciated before I call in an electrician.
If that "wall socket" is on the same circuit, turn of the breaker and remove the "socket" to check for loose wiring. You may also want to check for a GFCI receptacle that has tripped. Lights are normally not GFCI protected, but sometimes they end up on the load side of one.
Wall switch & recepticle problem
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
HELP PLEASE..Wall Switch
gfi plug controlled by wall switch?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight