My wife and I just moved into our first house. On our deck outside, there are 2 lights. One is a single bulb wall mounted and the other one are two flood lights. These are controlled by two indiviual switches on the wall right next to the sliding doors. They have been working fine until last night when I went to put them on, they both went out, like a bulb blew. I didnt honestly think all 3 bulbs could go at once, so I only tried changing one, which didnt work. I then thought maybe the switches were bad, so I changed them next( I was going to anyway)they are single pole, which I replaced them with single pole again. The breaker didnt pop either. The only thing that I did prior to that was I took the face plate off one of the wall sockets,but the outlet was a little loose. Could that be the problem? But, again the breaker didnt pop. Any help would be appreciated before I call in an electrician.
If that "wall socket" is on the same circuit, turn of the breaker and remove the "socket" to check for loose wiring. You may also want to check for a GFCI receptacle that has tripped. Lights are normally not GFCI protected, but sometimes they end up on the load side of one.
Wall switch & recepticle problem
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
HELP PLEASE..Wall Switch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes