hot mop vs. torch down
Please check out "liquid applied ceramic roof coatings" at www.icc-astec.com (Michael Rubin 800 345 5306) they will direct you to a local applicator.
Both hot mop and asphalt (black) coatings attract and absorb heat from the sun.
White Ceramic coatings reflect radiant heat from the sun.
I have personally applied these coatings on many types of roofs, and am very impressed.
Other companies are: www.supertherm.net and www.nationwidecoatings.com (Jim Manco 800 423 7264)
You'll be glad you did this research.
Good luck, & best regards, Brian Wood.
But to get to the original question, sorry to confuse you even more but there is a rubber type of membrane called EPDM that has taken over the majority of the flat roof market with good reason. It is my first choice to date. I recomend that ypou seek bids for it, too.
Torch down Modified roofing was developed to replace hot mop built up roofs in certain applications. Either material must be applied by a skilled team to give good service. But have numerous potential flaws but either can give you a fifteen year roof, if instsaled properly. They are comparable in my mind and the more important thing to consider is the references and reputation of the installer.
flat roof coatings
Insulation for no attic?
torch down rubber roof - best correct coating needed
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!