hot mop vs. torch down
Please check out "liquid applied ceramic roof coatings" at www.icc-astec.com (Michael Rubin 800 345 5306) they will direct you to a local applicator.
Both hot mop and asphalt (black) coatings attract and absorb heat from the sun.
White Ceramic coatings reflect radiant heat from the sun.
I have personally applied these coatings on many types of roofs, and am very impressed.
Other companies are: www.supertherm.net and www.nationwidecoatings.com (Jim Manco 800 423 7264)
You'll be glad you did this research.
Good luck, & best regards, Brian Wood.
But to get to the original question, sorry to confuse you even more but there is a rubber type of membrane called EPDM that has taken over the majority of the flat roof market with good reason. It is my first choice to date. I recomend that ypou seek bids for it, too.
Torch down Modified roofing was developed to replace hot mop built up roofs in certain applications. Either material must be applied by a skilled team to give good service. But have numerous potential flaws but either can give you a fifteen year roof, if instsaled properly. They are comparable in my mind and the more important thing to consider is the references and reputation of the installer.
flat roof coatings
Insulation for no attic?
torch down rubber roof - best correct coating needed
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love