The install begins at the ribbon board, just above the foundation. It should be straight and level from there. IF the house looks 'crooked' by the time the vinyl gets to the roofline, either the vinyl is not level OR the house is crooked.
You didn't say if the 'problem' is on the side of the house or on the front. If it's on the side, it's probably not too bad since no one is really 'looking' up there. HOWEVER, if it's on the curb-side, then EVERYONE will see it.
If it's on the curb side, and w/o knowing why the vinyl is crooked, I can't say what you should do. For starter, I'd leave the vinyl straight. If you install it to 'match' the roofline, the house will DEFINITELY look crooked! And later, when and if you ever decide to replace your roofing shingles, perhaps you can talk to the Roofing Contractor about your options.
Other than that, I don't know what else to say. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
That is the best idea assuming that you are going to reside anyway.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!