Bubbles in Roofing felt
Thanks in advance for any help!
Believe it or not, the purpose of the felt is to protect the sheathing and the rest of the house during construction until the shingles are laid. It's also used to do the SAME protection should the shingles get blown off during a storm, or something. What I'm trying to say is: Cracked or 'missing' felt in your situation shouldn't be a big deal.
Again, believe it or not, many, MANY roofers don't even use felt if the shingles are going on the sheathing right away. That's right! Depending, this is what some do. In your situation, if you don't have to wait too many days for the felt to warm up a bit, that's what I'd do. Most importantly, you do want the felt to lay as flat as possible. A warm sun will help you w/that. Also, if there are 'bubbles' or bumps in the felt, and you go to put the shingles on, the shingles won't lay flat. If there's a good wind BEFORE the roof has a chance to warm up, the shingles may get blown off.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates