Bubbles in Roofing felt
Thanks in advance for any help!
Believe it or not, the purpose of the felt is to protect the sheathing and the rest of the house during construction until the shingles are laid. It's also used to do the SAME protection should the shingles get blown off during a storm, or something. What I'm trying to say is: Cracked or 'missing' felt in your situation shouldn't be a big deal.
Again, believe it or not, many, MANY roofers don't even use felt if the shingles are going on the sheathing right away. That's right! Depending, this is what some do. In your situation, if you don't have to wait too many days for the felt to warm up a bit, that's what I'd do. Most importantly, you do want the felt to lay as flat as possible. A warm sun will help you w/that. Also, if there are 'bubbles' or bumps in the felt, and you go to put the shingles on, the shingles won't lay flat. If there's a good wind BEFORE the roof has a chance to warm up, the shingles may get blown off.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes