Bubbles in Roofing felt
Thanks in advance for any help!
Believe it or not, the purpose of the felt is to protect the sheathing and the rest of the house during construction until the shingles are laid. It's also used to do the SAME protection should the shingles get blown off during a storm, or something. What I'm trying to say is: Cracked or 'missing' felt in your situation shouldn't be a big deal.
Again, believe it or not, many, MANY roofers don't even use felt if the shingles are going on the sheathing right away. That's right! Depending, this is what some do. In your situation, if you don't have to wait too many days for the felt to warm up a bit, that's what I'd do. Most importantly, you do want the felt to lay as flat as possible. A warm sun will help you w/that. Also, if there are 'bubbles' or bumps in the felt, and you go to put the shingles on, the shingles won't lay flat. If there's a good wind BEFORE the roof has a chance to warm up, the shingles may get blown off.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!