Bubbles in Roofing felt
Thanks in advance for any help!
Believe it or not, the purpose of the felt is to protect the sheathing and the rest of the house during construction until the shingles are laid. It's also used to do the SAME protection should the shingles get blown off during a storm, or something. What I'm trying to say is: Cracked or 'missing' felt in your situation shouldn't be a big deal.
Again, believe it or not, many, MANY roofers don't even use felt if the shingles are going on the sheathing right away. That's right! Depending, this is what some do. In your situation, if you don't have to wait too many days for the felt to warm up a bit, that's what I'd do. Most importantly, you do want the felt to lay as flat as possible. A warm sun will help you w/that. Also, if there are 'bubbles' or bumps in the felt, and you go to put the shingles on, the shingles won't lay flat. If there's a good wind BEFORE the roof has a chance to warm up, the shingles may get blown off.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them