Bubbles in Roofing felt
Thanks in advance for any help!
Believe it or not, the purpose of the felt is to protect the sheathing and the rest of the house during construction until the shingles are laid. It's also used to do the SAME protection should the shingles get blown off during a storm, or something. What I'm trying to say is: Cracked or 'missing' felt in your situation shouldn't be a big deal.
Again, believe it or not, many, MANY roofers don't even use felt if the shingles are going on the sheathing right away. That's right! Depending, this is what some do. In your situation, if you don't have to wait too many days for the felt to warm up a bit, that's what I'd do. Most importantly, you do want the felt to lay as flat as possible. A warm sun will help you w/that. Also, if there are 'bubbles' or bumps in the felt, and you go to put the shingles on, the shingles won't lay flat. If there's a good wind BEFORE the roof has a chance to warm up, the shingles may get blown off.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!