I took the florescent lights out of the soffit over the sinks and put in recessed lighting, planning to drywall the hole so just the recessed rims show; however, now that the lights are in, it's really, really dim. Thought I'd stop and reassess. Currently have 4" line voltage using a 50w bulb (should've been a clue but electrician said area would be bright enough. Guess it would if I were a 50 yr old male with a beard.)
I've thought of removing the recessed lighting, seal up the soffit where the florescent was, and maybe putting in pendants, tracts, or something else. I know I've seen small recessed lights that are a heck of a lot brighter, though, than what I have up now. I like the idea of recessed lights, but not if we can't see.
Yes, recess lights are very pretty and unobtrusive to the eye, but for practicality, they don't deliver unless you're using at least 85watt bulbs. You may try that or if you're still not satisfied, go for your alternatives. The sky's the limit. Personally, I always liked "Hollywood lighting" mounted above the mirror.
Hope this helps.
Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes