I'm sure it is possible, but is it wise to create a battery powered outlet?
My solar spotlights are okay, but nowhere near as bright as my CFL spotlights. So I am wondering if I rigged a marine or small car battery to a GFCI outlet and then hooked up a power strip to it with my lights connected to the power strip, would that cause any problems. They have the solar battery chargers at my local Harbor Freight so am thinking I could charge it during the day.
Or is there a better way to do this?
I know that they sell solar kits that do this but am just curious.
By the way, I live in Phoenix, AZ, so sunlight is never a problem.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
beeping smoke detector
Backup sump pumps
Updating smoke detectors
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!