I'm sure it is possible, but is it wise to create a battery powered outlet?
My solar spotlights are okay, but nowhere near as bright as my CFL spotlights. So I am wondering if I rigged a marine or small car battery to a GFCI outlet and then hooked up a power strip to it with my lights connected to the power strip, would that cause any problems. They have the solar battery chargers at my local Harbor Freight so am thinking I could charge it during the day.
Or is there a better way to do this?
I know that they sell solar kits that do this but am just curious.
By the way, I live in Phoenix, AZ, so sunlight is never a problem.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
beeping smoke detector
Backup sump pumps
Updating smoke detectors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight