I'm sure it is possible, but is it wise to create a battery powered outlet?
My solar spotlights are okay, but nowhere near as bright as my CFL spotlights. So I am wondering if I rigged a marine or small car battery to a GFCI outlet and then hooked up a power strip to it with my lights connected to the power strip, would that cause any problems. They have the solar battery chargers at my local Harbor Freight so am thinking I could charge it during the day.
Or is there a better way to do this?
I know that they sell solar kits that do this but am just curious.
By the way, I live in Phoenix, AZ, so sunlight is never a problem.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
beeping smoke detector
Backup sump pumps
Updating smoke detectors
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects