I live in a newer home (10 years old) so I was surprised to find the electrical outlet in my bathroom went dead yesterday. I checked the power box on the side of the house and everything looks fine. All other outlets in the house are working fine. Is there an easy fix for this, or could you direct me to an earlier thread that discusses this? Thanks.
Thought of that after I posted. You mean the little red button in the middle for resetting? Nope, doesn't have one of those. Thanks.
Look in other bathrooms for a GFCI that has tripped. A house built in the late 90's should have GFCI protection in each bathroom, but the GFCI itself may not be in each bathroom.
I had a dead outlet in my kitchen (that was not a GFI). I check the circuit breaker box and everything seemed OK there. This is the outlet that I use for my freestanding microwave and since I use my microwave alot, I knew that it had been working last night. Your suggestion to check a GFI close by was right on the money! There is a GFI outlet right around the corner in the sunroom. One of my children must have pressed the test button because it was tripped. Once I pressed the red button back in, we were back nuking our food. Just wanted you to know that your information is still helping folks!
By chance, while searching for 'dead electrical outlet' on web, I found this posting. Advice of housekeepter -"Look in other bathrooms for a GFCI that has tripped." was heaven-sent. In our 7 year old house, it turns out that there is one GFC1 in a bathroom on 2nd floor and it controls outlets of two other bathroom on two floor also. Pushing that GFCI fixed everything. Thanks again. (I was about to waste a lot of time replacing the wall outlet, etc.)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!