I replaced a canned light with a flourescent light (double circle tube). The light is on a 3-way switch using both lighted switches.
It works fine, but when I turn it off, the bulb still flickers every 10-30 seconds. Any idea what would be the problem?
I changed one switch with a new one and it still does it. I am going to change the other switch, but if that does not do it, what could be sending power to the light when it is shut off?
Thanks for looking.
This is just a S.W.A.G., but check to see if your 3 way switches are switching the neutral instead of the hot. That would leave power to the fixture & perhaps there is enough leakage to ground to fire that light every once in awhile.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love