I replaced a canned light with a flourescent light (double circle tube). The light is on a 3-way switch using both lighted switches.
It works fine, but when I turn it off, the bulb still flickers every 10-30 seconds. Any idea what would be the problem?
I changed one switch with a new one and it still does it. I am going to change the other switch, but if that does not do it, what could be sending power to the light when it is shut off?
Thanks for looking.
This is just a S.W.A.G., but check to see if your 3 way switches are switching the neutral instead of the hot. That would leave power to the fixture & perhaps there is enough leakage to ground to fire that light every once in awhile.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight