I have a 10 year old fan in the bedroom that I put a universal fan remote kit in about 6 years ago. It has always worked fine until recently. All of the buttons (Light on/off/dimmer/delay, fan speed 1/2/3) work except for "fan off" whose button is fan speed 0. I have to turn the fan off at the wall switch to get it to turn off so we can never have the light on w/ the fan off. Does this sound like a receiver issue, or is it possible the wiring shorted itself to where the fan is always "hot"? The wall switch is "intelligent" in that you can flick it in various ways to adjust the fan speed but messing w/ it and the pull chain doesn't fix the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.
Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pu...
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
Kenmore 110 won't spin or wash
light fixture won't work.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!