I have a 10 year old fan in the bedroom that I put a universal fan remote kit in about 6 years ago. It has always worked fine until recently. All of the buttons (Light on/off/dimmer/delay, fan speed 1/2/3) work except for "fan off" whose button is fan speed 0. I have to turn the fan off at the wall switch to get it to turn off so we can never have the light on w/ the fan off. Does this sound like a receiver issue, or is it possible the wiring shorted itself to where the fan is always "hot"? The wall switch is "intelligent" in that you can flick it in various ways to adjust the fan speed but messing w/ it and the pull chain doesn't fix the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.
Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pu...
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
Kenmore 110 won't spin or wash
light fixture won't work.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects