Really, really stupid question. I've a downrod with the fan. The canopy slid down really easily when I removed the two screws and turned it. I now have the remote wired and tucked away along with the wires, but for some dumb reason, I cannot get the canopy back on! The remote and wires are not in the way, but I can feel a couple of screws on the downrod that seem to be impeding my progress. I cannot get the canopy over or past these, but I don't remember them being there when I lowered the canopy to get to the wiring. I'm not sure if they are screws as I'm going by feel alone.
I've read a ton of posts about wiring remotes, etc, but that's not the problem. (Well, it may be later, but I think I've got the wiring correct.) I've looked at vides on hanging ceiling fans. I don't see why I'm having such a difficult time raising the canopy back up the downrod. What gives?
Perhaps the canopy is "keyed" and can only go all the way up in a certain orientation? Try twisting the canopy 360¬∞ when it's pushed up to the point where you're meeting resistance. Also, if there's one of those rubber half-spheres up there those are usually "keyed" as well and that may be why it won't go up all the way.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!