I was installing a ceiling fan in two different rooms, and turned off all power at the main electrical box outside. When I finished installing them, I went back outside and turned all power back on. I tested both ceiling fans, one at a time. Both worked. When I turned on an appliance in one of the rooms the power was off. I checked the ceiling fans again and the power was off in both rooms. I went back out to the electrical box and found that one of the circuits had tripped. I reset it and went back inside. The power is still not working in either of these rooms. I have repeated this process over and over again. I reset each of the circuits in the electrical box and even left if off for more than 10 minutes and still no power. Any suggestions?
First task would be to check the wiring at each fan to make sure you don't have any loose connections, especially if you have several wires in each box. Since that is where you were last working, that is where I would check first.
Thank you for your response. I had already disconnected both ceiling fans and then continued to reset the circuit breakers outside in the electrical box and still now power.
A short in your wiring is causing the circuit breaker to trip. It's possible that you switched some wires during installation, or made the wrong connections to the fans.
ceiling fan problem
Need lots of Help. Ceiling Fan not working the way ...
Ceiling fan circuit blows fuses
Ceiling Fan/Light Wiring w/2 switches
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps