I was installing a ceiling fan in two different rooms, and turned off all power at the main electrical box outside. When I finished installing them, I went back outside and turned all power back on. I tested both ceiling fans, one at a time. Both worked. When I turned on an appliance in one of the rooms the power was off. I checked the ceiling fans again and the power was off in both rooms. I went back out to the electrical box and found that one of the circuits had tripped. I reset it and went back inside. The power is still not working in either of these rooms. I have repeated this process over and over again. I reset each of the circuits in the electrical box and even left if off for more than 10 minutes and still no power. Any suggestions?
First task would be to check the wiring at each fan to make sure you don't have any loose connections, especially if you have several wires in each box. Since that is where you were last working, that is where I would check first.
Thank you for your response. I had already disconnected both ceiling fans and then continued to reset the circuit breakers outside in the electrical box and still now power.
A short in your wiring is causing the circuit breaker to trip. It's possible that you switched some wires during installation, or made the wrong connections to the fans.
ceiling fan problem
Need lots of Help. Ceiling Fan not working the way ...
Ceiling fan circuit blows fuses
Ceiling Fan/Light Wiring w/2 switches
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes