I was installing a ceiling fan in two different rooms, and turned off all power at the main electrical box outside. When I finished installing them, I went back outside and turned all power back on. I tested both ceiling fans, one at a time. Both worked. When I turned on an appliance in one of the rooms the power was off. I checked the ceiling fans again and the power was off in both rooms. I went back out to the electrical box and found that one of the circuits had tripped. I reset it and went back inside. The power is still not working in either of these rooms. I have repeated this process over and over again. I reset each of the circuits in the electrical box and even left if off for more than 10 minutes and still no power. Any suggestions?
First task would be to check the wiring at each fan to make sure you don't have any loose connections, especially if you have several wires in each box. Since that is where you were last working, that is where I would check first.
Thank you for your response. I had already disconnected both ceiling fans and then continued to reset the circuit breakers outside in the electrical box and still now power.
A short in your wiring is causing the circuit breaker to trip. It's possible that you switched some wires during installation, or made the wrong connections to the fans.
ceiling fan problem
Need lots of Help. Ceiling Fan not working the way ...
Ceiling fan circuit blows fuses
Ceiling Fan/Light Wiring w/2 switches
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING