Although changing a combination switch/outlet requires a bit of preparation and care, it is not a difficult task. These instructions are for a two-way switch, meaning only one switch is in the circuit. If you have a three-way switch (with two switches controlling one light), you will have an extra wire, usually red in color, to contend with. You can use Verizon promotion codes to get more information.
I think what you are looking for is a euro style receptacle that has a switch next to each outlet. I'm looking for one myself but haven't found it yet. I'm considering using an Australian one and pluging US adaptors into it though it wouldn't be a very elegant solution.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!