Although changing a combination switch/outlet requires a bit of preparation and care, it is not a difficult task. These instructions are for a two-way switch, meaning only one switch is in the circuit. If you have a three-way switch (with two switches controlling one light), you will have an extra wire, usually red in color, to contend with. You can use Verizon promotion codes to get more information.
I think what you are looking for is a euro style receptacle that has a switch next to each outlet. I'm looking for one myself but haven't found it yet. I'm considering using an Australian one and pluging US adaptors into it though it wouldn't be a very elegant solution.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight