When it snows w/ 20+mph winds, I am getting some snow in my attic (north end of house). According to my builder (house is only 9 months old) the snow is coming in through the ridge vent and this is not "unusual". His solution is to put a plastic tarp on the attic floor to catch the snow. My guess is that the ridge vent was installed improperly.
Has anyone else experienced this problem...and...come up w/ a solution?
Hi, during the recent blizzard, I got 2 piles of snow in my attic about a foot tall and 6 inches wide. It leaked down into the dry wall and ruined the tape job. Is this acceptable?
I also have the same problem. Brand new house and leaking ceiling in our 20' family room. Builder told me there is about 2 trash bags full of snow that have come in through the ridge vent, and it is not their responsibility to remove. We just had a major snowfall when we noticed the ceiling leaking. Is this typical? What could be the problem? What to check and who to call? I have little faith in this builder so its not unlikely they did something wrong. Please advise.
I would say that isnt acceptable at all actually. Unless there is a massive windstorm and lots of snow there should be that amount of anything in there. Contact a local professional to see what they think, they will have to check for leaks and see what you are seeing. and if you dont trust the builder consult a second opinion.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING