When it snows w/ 20+mph winds, I am getting some snow in my attic (north end of house). According to my builder (house is only 9 months old) the snow is coming in through the ridge vent and this is not "unusual". His solution is to put a plastic tarp on the attic floor to catch the snow. My guess is that the ridge vent was installed improperly.
Has anyone else experienced this problem...and...come up w/ a solution?
Hi, during the recent blizzard, I got 2 piles of snow in my attic about a foot tall and 6 inches wide. It leaked down into the dry wall and ruined the tape job. Is this acceptable?
I also have the same problem. Brand new house and leaking ceiling in our 20' family room. Builder told me there is about 2 trash bags full of snow that have come in through the ridge vent, and it is not their responsibility to remove. We just had a major snowfall when we noticed the ceiling leaking. Is this typical? What could be the problem? What to check and who to call? I have little faith in this builder so its not unlikely they did something wrong. Please advise.
I would say that isnt acceptable at all actually. Unless there is a massive windstorm and lots of snow there should be that amount of anything in there. Contact a local professional to see what they think, they will have to check for leaks and see what you are seeing. and if you dont trust the builder consult a second opinion.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects