i hooked this up once before but now it doesnt work.
i have a black and white wire that i have running up form the basement out of a junction box. i have it connected to the recept side of the togle switch-outlet (black on copper white on nickle plate screw.) then i have a black and white wire running up the wall to the light i put in. ive tested the power to that wire wire and its telling me i have power to that light but it wont turn on. and yes the light fixture does work and so does the light bulb. i checked them both just minutes ago to be sure. i bought a new switch and outlet and there is a breakoff tab it says that im suppose to remove. can u tell what that is? not sure if its the small white plastic piece or if its the copper tab. thanks
the only reason you would need to remove the tab would be if you wanted to control the outlet on "that" device with the switch.
i want the switch to just control the light and have the outlet live all the time. so inorder to do that the tab must stay on? ok then why does the outlet work but the light wont turn on?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers