i hooked this up once before but now it doesnt work.
i have a black and white wire that i have running up form the basement out of a junction box. i have it connected to the recept side of the togle switch-outlet (black on copper white on nickle plate screw.) then i have a black and white wire running up the wall to the light i put in. ive tested the power to that wire wire and its telling me i have power to that light but it wont turn on. and yes the light fixture does work and so does the light bulb. i checked them both just minutes ago to be sure. i bought a new switch and outlet and there is a breakoff tab it says that im suppose to remove. can u tell what that is? not sure if its the small white plastic piece or if its the copper tab. thanks
the only reason you would need to remove the tab would be if you wanted to control the outlet on "that" device with the switch.
i want the switch to just control the light and have the outlet live all the time. so inorder to do that the tab must stay on? ok then why does the outlet work but the light wont turn on?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love