i hooked this up once before but now it doesnt work.
i have a black and white wire that i have running up form the basement out of a junction box. i have it connected to the recept side of the togle switch-outlet (black on copper white on nickle plate screw.) then i have a black and white wire running up the wall to the light i put in. ive tested the power to that wire wire and its telling me i have power to that light but it wont turn on. and yes the light fixture does work and so does the light bulb. i checked them both just minutes ago to be sure. i bought a new switch and outlet and there is a breakoff tab it says that im suppose to remove. can u tell what that is? not sure if its the small white plastic piece or if its the copper tab. thanks
the only reason you would need to remove the tab would be if you wanted to control the outlet on "that" device with the switch.
i want the switch to just control the light and have the outlet live all the time. so inorder to do that the tab must stay on? ok then why does the outlet work but the light wont turn on?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight