i hooked this up once before but now it doesnt work.
i have a black and white wire that i have running up form the basement out of a junction box. i have it connected to the recept side of the togle switch-outlet (black on copper white on nickle plate screw.) then i have a black and white wire running up the wall to the light i put in. ive tested the power to that wire wire and its telling me i have power to that light but it wont turn on. and yes the light fixture does work and so does the light bulb. i checked them both just minutes ago to be sure. i bought a new switch and outlet and there is a breakoff tab it says that im suppose to remove. can u tell what that is? not sure if its the small white plastic piece or if its the copper tab. thanks
the only reason you would need to remove the tab would be if you wanted to control the outlet on "that" device with the switch.
i want the switch to just control the light and have the outlet live all the time. so inorder to do that the tab must stay on? ok then why does the outlet work but the light wont turn on?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING