I currently have a single pole switch where the power is fed to go to my existing light (at the top of the stairs). A black/white wire run from the switch to the current fixture. I want to change the single pole switch to a 3-way switch, I know I have to run 14-3 wire from that switch to the other 3-way. However, I would like to add another light (at the bottom of the stairs) to be controled by the 2 switches.
Where I want to add the new fixture, is it as easy as just hooking the black an white of the new fixture to the black and white of the 14-3 wire before it goes into the 3-way at the end of my line?
Thanks in advance!!!
- Forum >
- Electrical & Lighting >
- use a 3way switch on an existing fixture but add a fixture to the run
Installing a new over the range microwave wiring que...
Low voltage at switch/ceiling
basement lighting fixtures
3-way switch controlled outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers