I currently have a single pole switch where the power is fed to go to my existing light (at the top of the stairs). A black/white wire run from the switch to the current fixture. I want to change the single pole switch to a 3-way switch, I know I have to run 14-3 wire from that switch to the other 3-way. However, I would like to add another light (at the bottom of the stairs) to be controled by the 2 switches.
Where I want to add the new fixture, is it as easy as just hooking the black an white of the new fixture to the black and white of the 14-3 wire before it goes into the 3-way at the end of my line?
Thanks in advance!!!
- Forum >
- Electrical & Lighting >
- use a 3way switch on an existing fixture but add a fixture to the run
Installing a new over the range microwave wiring que...
Low voltage at switch/ceiling
basement lighting fixtures
3-way switch controlled outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love