I currently have a single pole switch where the power is fed to go to my existing light (at the top of the stairs). A black/white wire run from the switch to the current fixture. I want to change the single pole switch to a 3-way switch, I know I have to run 14-3 wire from that switch to the other 3-way. However, I would like to add another light (at the bottom of the stairs) to be controled by the 2 switches.
Where I want to add the new fixture, is it as easy as just hooking the black an white of the new fixture to the black and white of the 14-3 wire before it goes into the 3-way at the end of my line?
Thanks in advance!!!
- Forum >
- Electrical & Lighting >
- use a 3way switch on an existing fixture but add a fixture to the run
Installing a new over the range microwave wiring que...
Low voltage at switch/ceiling
basement lighting fixtures
3-way switch controlled outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects