I currently have a single pole switch where the power is fed to go to my existing light (at the top of the stairs). A black/white wire run from the switch to the current fixture. I want to change the single pole switch to a 3-way switch, I know I have to run 14-3 wire from that switch to the other 3-way. However, I would like to add another light (at the bottom of the stairs) to be controled by the 2 switches.
Where I want to add the new fixture, is it as easy as just hooking the black an white of the new fixture to the black and white of the 14-3 wire before it goes into the 3-way at the end of my line?
Thanks in advance!!!
- Forum >
- Electrical & Lighting >
- use a 3way switch on an existing fixture but add a fixture to the run
Installing a new over the range microwave wiring que...
Low voltage at switch/ceiling
basement lighting fixtures
3-way switch controlled outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight