I currently have a single pole switch where the power is fed to go to my existing light (at the top of the stairs). A black/white wire run from the switch to the current fixture. I want to change the single pole switch to a 3-way switch, I know I have to run 14-3 wire from that switch to the other 3-way. However, I would like to add another light (at the bottom of the stairs) to be controled by the 2 switches.
Where I want to add the new fixture, is it as easy as just hooking the black an white of the new fixture to the black and white of the 14-3 wire before it goes into the 3-way at the end of my line?
Thanks in advance!!!
- Forum >
- Electrical & Lighting >
- use a 3way switch on an existing fixture but add a fixture to the run
Installing a new over the range microwave wiring que...
Low voltage at switch/ceiling
basement lighting fixtures
3-way switch controlled outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips