The homeowner is more than likely talking about MR board(moisture resistant drywall)which is used to minimize moisture problems on walls and ceilings,its made to tolerate high humidity and low moisture.Yes it will work,however 1.make sure all insulation behind the "blue board" is unfaced.The mr board provides a vapor barrier,kraft insulation will make a double barrier-a big no-no. 2.Do not use it in an area where it will have frequent contact w/water-if your gonna use it on lower portion of the tub wall tile it w/adhesive or use a tub surround.It is an excellent idea for bathrooms,but if your gonna use it on ceiling you have to use 5/8 on 16" centers or 1/2 on 12" centers.You can buy it at most building supply yards,even Home Depot-but they only have 8' sheets(at least where I live).It is a little more pricy,around 2.25 a sheet more for an 8' sheet around here.
the home owner mentioned that this is a new product made of a plaster and fiberglass mixture that is diferent than the standerd green board that I've used in the past . The guy at 84 lumber did tell me that it is made by USG but cant seem to locate any other info.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes