Painting Coated Drywall
Can the drywall be painted if the plastic is roughened up and properly primed, or am I wasting my time and should just tear out the old material and replace it?
Visit a good paint store (which can include a local Home Depot, as long as you get an experienced person). Have them determine what primer you need. That will determine how you must prepare the existing surface.
Would you be kind enough to let me/us know what kind of primer is recommended? That way we'll know for next time. Thanks.
PAINTING NEW DRYWALL
Is it best to prime new drywall??
Drywall over concrete stipling walls prior to painting
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips