Painting Coated Drywall
Can the drywall be painted if the plastic is roughened up and properly primed, or am I wasting my time and should just tear out the old material and replace it?
Visit a good paint store (which can include a local Home Depot, as long as you get an experienced person). Have them determine what primer you need. That will determine how you must prepare the existing surface.
Would you be kind enough to let me/us know what kind of primer is recommended? That way we'll know for next time. Thanks.
PAINTING NEW DRYWALL
Is it best to prime new drywall??
Drywall over concrete stipling walls prior to painting
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING