Painting Coated Drywall
Can the drywall be painted if the plastic is roughened up and properly primed, or am I wasting my time and should just tear out the old material and replace it?
Visit a good paint store (which can include a local Home Depot, as long as you get an experienced person). Have them determine what primer you need. That will determine how you must prepare the existing surface.
Would you be kind enough to let me/us know what kind of primer is recommended? That way we'll know for next time. Thanks.
PAINTING NEW DRYWALL
Is it best to prime new drywall??
Drywall over concrete stipling walls prior to painting
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight