I had recently hung wallpaper and a border in a room. It has been several weeks and the wallpaper seems to have a "new" smell to it still. Does anyone know how to remove a smell out of wallpaper without removing it or destroying the pattern?
Sorry. I've hung quite a bit of paper. None it has ever "smelled". Are you sure its the paper? Does a leftover scrap have the same smell?
We believe the smell is from the wallpaper's glue. We took a piece that was left over and activated the pre-paste glue and it had the same smell.
Replacing Wallpaper in old home over horsehair plaster
wallpaper in a new home
Wallpaper over wallpaper
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!