I had recently hung wallpaper and a border in a room. It has been several weeks and the wallpaper seems to have a "new" smell to it still. Does anyone know how to remove a smell out of wallpaper without removing it or destroying the pattern?
Sorry. I've hung quite a bit of paper. None it has ever "smelled". Are you sure its the paper? Does a leftover scrap have the same smell?
We believe the smell is from the wallpaper's glue. We took a piece that was left over and activated the pre-paste glue and it had the same smell.
Replacing Wallpaper in old home over horsehair plaster
wallpaper in a new home
Wallpaper over wallpaper
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight