I had recently hung wallpaper and a border in a room. It has been several weeks and the wallpaper seems to have a "new" smell to it still. Does anyone know how to remove a smell out of wallpaper without removing it or destroying the pattern?
Sorry. I've hung quite a bit of paper. None it has ever "smelled". Are you sure its the paper? Does a leftover scrap have the same smell?
We believe the smell is from the wallpaper's glue. We took a piece that was left over and activated the pre-paste glue and it had the same smell.
Replacing Wallpaper in old home over horsehair plaster
wallpaper in a new home
Wallpaper over wallpaper
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!