I bought a condo a year ago. Lately, I've noticed lots of black marks on the ceilings and walls in places that I couldn't have knocked against. A handyman told me it looked like the prior owner didn't wash the walls and ceilings before painting and the paint is now falling off. Does this sound right?
Hi sbtier, could be a bad paint job but one question for you. Do you burn candles fairly often? I've heard of this causing some of the problems you stated. You might want to check on the old board and search for "stains" or "marks", this has been covered there a few times and you should be able to get some good info there.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!