I need help with painting a dark gray stone fireplace. I'm redecorating my 1950s ranch in a French country cottage style. The house is full of paneling, which I'm painting Dove White (as all trim in the house) ... lightening the house all over.
The fireplace is HUGE made of irregular rectangular stones (of what?), dark grey, almost black. Right now the living room looks like an 'LL Bean living room' and I want a casual elegant look; we call the fireplace "the battleship in the living room".
Books of country French usually show sandstone or limestone colored fireplaces. How do I prep and paint the stone? (I auume you leave the hearthstone untouched). Also, do you have any faux finish ideas? (I am artistically capable).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!