I need help with painting a dark gray stone fireplace. I'm redecorating my 1950s ranch in a French country cottage style. The house is full of paneling, which I'm painting Dove White (as all trim in the house) ... lightening the house all over.
The fireplace is HUGE made of irregular rectangular stones (of what?), dark grey, almost black. Right now the living room looks like an 'LL Bean living room' and I want a casual elegant look; we call the fireplace "the battleship in the living room".
Books of country French usually show sandstone or limestone colored fireplaces. How do I prep and paint the stone? (I auume you leave the hearthstone untouched). Also, do you have any faux finish ideas? (I am artistically capable).
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING