Recently, some of the texture on my ceiling was pulled loose when I attempted to paint it with a roller. I want to know if there is a product that will fix the remaining texture more firmly to the ceiling, so it can be painted.
I have the same type ceiling and started to apply ceiling paint and it started to come off. What I was told was to apply an oil-based primer(Kilz/Zinnser) which seals the texture, then you can use any kind of paint you want. There may be other ways, but my ceilings turned out great. Also, I used a foam texture roller(brown foam with slits) that I just threw away after it's use.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!