No matter what we do, the bathroom ceiling always ends up peeling. We have a window that is opened and a fan that is turned on for each shower, and yet the problem persists. Is there a special paint we should be using? Is there any special kind of product (ie primer, etc) for bathrooms that we should use before painting? Should we not use the shower between coats to allow the paint to dry completely? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi Robin, I had the same problem a few years ago where there was one section (2'x2') of the bathroom ceiling that just wouldn't hold the paint, it just kept falling down. What is needed to fix this problem is a good primer prior to painting, what I used was Kilz others may recommend BIN, both of which are two of the leading primers. So just pick the primer of your choice, apply it and let it dry (keep the humidity down while it dries), then apply your paint. Also keep the humidity down while the paint dries, so that it has a good chance to adhere to the primed surface. Hope this helps, and good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!