I am converting an old barn into a place to live. I want to get the look of "old plaster" walls. The walls are covered in older plywood, I have patched all the seams and holes with poly fill. My question is what to use for a primer and can I use stucco for this project? I have seen a product from Behr that will do this job, but I am on a very tight buget and would prefer to use the cheapest products I can to get the effect I want. Thanks.
The manufacturers of chinking products have found that people were applying them to walls to give the look of plaster. They have flexibility so they give and don't crack with movement, expansion or contraction. Perma-Chink -- one manufacturer -- has a product you can trowel on, though a friend of mine has rolled it on to walls with a paint roller. He's a builder of timberframes and log homes and has used it on his own kitchen. Check out www.permachink.com -- they also have a whole variety of sealants, etc. you may want to use to protect your barn.
Any Idea's for removal of wood paneling on Stucco wa...
Smooth Stucco Walls
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes