I have sprayed two roofs with Astec products, and temps on the underside of the metal dropped by over 30 degrees on one roof, and 66 on the other (different times of year).
My own, unfinished website is www.energysaviours.com on the "About us" page you can see the difference we made to the metal roof of the "Steamatic" storage building in Beaumont TX. The owner is ecstatic with the results.
I personally love this stuff.
Some of this depends on how much insulation you have and how much ventilation the attic has but thelighter colours do benefit you. White has become passe' partly because of the mildew problem. Stains show and don't look particularly nice.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers