I have sprayed two roofs with Astec products, and temps on the underside of the metal dropped by over 30 degrees on one roof, and 66 on the other (different times of year).
My own, unfinished website is www.energysaviours.com on the "About us" page you can see the difference we made to the metal roof of the "Steamatic" storage building in Beaumont TX. The owner is ecstatic with the results.
I personally love this stuff.
Some of this depends on how much insulation you have and how much ventilation the attic has but thelighter colours do benefit you. White has become passe' partly because of the mildew problem. Stains show and don't look particularly nice.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING