I have sprayed two roofs with Astec products, and temps on the underside of the metal dropped by over 30 degrees on one roof, and 66 on the other (different times of year).
My own, unfinished website is www.energysaviours.com on the "About us" page you can see the difference we made to the metal roof of the "Steamatic" storage building in Beaumont TX. The owner is ecstatic with the results.
I personally love this stuff.
Some of this depends on how much insulation you have and how much ventilation the attic has but thelighter colours do benefit you. White has become passe' partly because of the mildew problem. Stains show and don't look particularly nice.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight