painting steel tubing
I have a canopy bed made with steel tubes that really need a new, great paint job. Is it possible to paint without professional help, and what kind of paint would you use to paint steel?
Use paint made for metal. Don't use regular wall/wood paints. Rustoleum and Krylon are example brand names. These are available in spray cans - just cover everything or the overspray will paint more than you wanted. Use short quick passes. Plan on several thin coats to avoid runs (drips).
Or you can use a quality brush.
How to Paint a steel structure (Trailer and Mobile A...
Hole in the wall
Painting kitchen cabinets
Painting Steel Garage Door
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight