Hi, not sure which topic to put this under... we moved into a house with a nice almond gas stove that works well, however, the previous owners must have NEVER cleaned under all of the burners... those areas are supposed to be painted (almond) but instead are black. I was able to scrub some of it off but the rest is impossible. It is not a sticky or flaking residue, just hard and BLACK. I am wondering if it would be possible for me to paint over this, but being right next to the gas flames, not sure what kind of paint to use? All the appliance paint I can find says "not for ovens" or "do not use around heat". The only ones I can find for heated areas is black paint for BBQ grills. (I need almond!) Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks!
Check the spray paints in the paint section of Home Depot. I think you'll find paint that is made for high temperature uses like that. I once repainted the inside of the oven drawer (not the oven itself) with some of it in a metallic color and it has held up just fine.
Thanks for your reply... I've looked there... but all say something like "do not use around high temperatures" etc... I think they are made for use on the outside of refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc. not for right around the burners. If you know of any other product, please reply... I'd also be happy with some kind of insert, like on an electric oven, but I don't think they make them for gas ovens, it is just painted up to the burner.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!