ceiling quick fix
Thank you in advance for any assistance concerning our problem.
1. Scrape all texture and spackle off the ceiling and start again. (Not my idea of fun)
2. Remove drywall and start again.
3. Buy 3/8 drywall, sheet to sheet screws, install new dw over old, tape with the self stick tape and finish.(Can only do this if you have enough head room in basement.)
Unfortunately none of the above are "quick fixes". Post back when you decide what to do.
The quickest fix would be to spray more texture up onto the ceiling to cover the imperfections. Textured ceiling sprays (Popcorn or sand) were developed originally to cover up imperfect ceilings because builders do not like working on them, and thus often make mistakes like on yours. Any other solution would involve rather extensive work, none of which is fun or "quick."
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited July 14, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers