ceiling quick fix
Thank you in advance for any assistance concerning our problem.
1. Scrape all texture and spackle off the ceiling and start again. (Not my idea of fun)
2. Remove drywall and start again.
3. Buy 3/8 drywall, sheet to sheet screws, install new dw over old, tape with the self stick tape and finish.(Can only do this if you have enough head room in basement.)
Unfortunately none of the above are "quick fixes". Post back when you decide what to do.
The quickest fix would be to spray more texture up onto the ceiling to cover the imperfections. Textured ceiling sprays (Popcorn or sand) were developed originally to cover up imperfect ceilings because builders do not like working on them, and thus often make mistakes like on yours. Any other solution would involve rather extensive work, none of which is fun or "quick."
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited July 14, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!