ceiling quick fix
Thank you in advance for any assistance concerning our problem.
1. Scrape all texture and spackle off the ceiling and start again. (Not my idea of fun)
2. Remove drywall and start again.
3. Buy 3/8 drywall, sheet to sheet screws, install new dw over old, tape with the self stick tape and finish.(Can only do this if you have enough head room in basement.)
Unfortunately none of the above are "quick fixes". Post back when you decide what to do.
The quickest fix would be to spray more texture up onto the ceiling to cover the imperfections. Textured ceiling sprays (Popcorn or sand) were developed originally to cover up imperfect ceilings because builders do not like working on them, and thus often make mistakes like on yours. Any other solution would involve rather extensive work, none of which is fun or "quick."
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited July 14, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love