I'm getting ready to paint the exterior of my home, and I bought flat latex paint. Unfortunately, I now realize I should have bought semi-gloss. Can I mix the flat latex with a semi-gloss or gloss of the same color, so I don't have to discard the flat paint?
If you mix flat and semi-gloss you'll end up with something in between.Since the bases of flat and semi-gloss paints are entirely different I wouldn't recommend it.If you are dealing with a decent paint supplier,they should exchange your flat for semi-gloss unless it's a custom color you had mixed.In that case,I'd ask them what their paint will do when mixed.
Prime, then texture?
Black Kitchen Cabinets
Painting house exterior--- Semi-gloss or Satin fini...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!