I'm getting ready to paint the exterior of my home, and I bought flat latex paint. Unfortunately, I now realize I should have bought semi-gloss. Can I mix the flat latex with a semi-gloss or gloss of the same color, so I don't have to discard the flat paint?
If you mix flat and semi-gloss you'll end up with something in between.Since the bases of flat and semi-gloss paints are entirely different I wouldn't recommend it.If you are dealing with a decent paint supplier,they should exchange your flat for semi-gloss unless it's a custom color you had mixed.In that case,I'd ask them what their paint will do when mixed.
Prime, then texture?
Black Kitchen Cabinets
Painting house exterior--- Semi-gloss or Satin fini...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight