I'm getting ready to paint the exterior of my home, and I bought flat latex paint. Unfortunately, I now realize I should have bought semi-gloss. Can I mix the flat latex with a semi-gloss or gloss of the same color, so I don't have to discard the flat paint?
If you mix flat and semi-gloss you'll end up with something in between.Since the bases of flat and semi-gloss paints are entirely different I wouldn't recommend it.If you are dealing with a decent paint supplier,they should exchange your flat for semi-gloss unless it's a custom color you had mixed.In that case,I'd ask them what their paint will do when mixed.
Prime, then texture?
Black Kitchen Cabinets
Painting house exterior--- Semi-gloss or Satin fini...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects