I'm getting ready to paint the exterior of my home, and I bought flat latex paint. Unfortunately, I now realize I should have bought semi-gloss. Can I mix the flat latex with a semi-gloss or gloss of the same color, so I don't have to discard the flat paint?
If you mix flat and semi-gloss you'll end up with something in between.Since the bases of flat and semi-gloss paints are entirely different I wouldn't recommend it.If you are dealing with a decent paint supplier,they should exchange your flat for semi-gloss unless it's a custom color you had mixed.In that case,I'd ask them what their paint will do when mixed.
Prime, then texture?
Black Kitchen Cabinets
Painting house exterior--- Semi-gloss or Satin fini...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING