Removing 2-way tape from wall
Depending on what's hanging, (I don't know if the picture, or whatever, is still hanging, or if you just have 'hooks' left to remove), you can consider using a hair dryer and a single-edge razor blade. After that, try some Skin So Soft on a cotton ball to remove any residue. Try all this on a piece of tape that's NOT as conspicious as the others (like in a corner or on a shaded wall.) You may end up having to prime (yes, at least prime the spots) and paint the wall anyways because of the 'discolorations' over time. The wall may have faded.
Use Thin Spackle to 'patch' the spots where you removed the paint and/or paper from the drywall. This is a whole, different job (probably requiring its own post.)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
You can also use mineral spirits, lighter fluid, or one of two products called "Goo-Gone" or "Goof Off" that chemically dissolves the tape glue so as to make it easier to remove, as well.
[This message has been edited by 1stHome (edited July 31, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes