Removing 2-way tape from wall
Depending on what's hanging, (I don't know if the picture, or whatever, is still hanging, or if you just have 'hooks' left to remove), you can consider using a hair dryer and a single-edge razor blade. After that, try some Skin So Soft on a cotton ball to remove any residue. Try all this on a piece of tape that's NOT as conspicious as the others (like in a corner or on a shaded wall.) You may end up having to prime (yes, at least prime the spots) and paint the wall anyways because of the 'discolorations' over time. The wall may have faded.
Use Thin Spackle to 'patch' the spots where you removed the paint and/or paper from the drywall. This is a whole, different job (probably requiring its own post.)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
You can also use mineral spirits, lighter fluid, or one of two products called "Goo-Gone" or "Goof Off" that chemically dissolves the tape glue so as to make it easier to remove, as well.
[This message has been edited by 1stHome (edited July 31, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!