I will say though J - as a moderator you should watch what you say - The major paint manufacturers watch these types of sites all the time - You will look foolish if you are mistaken in your facts (opinions?)
Just so you all know...... The four largest paint companies in the world (2002)
Akzo-Nobel - Belgium
PPG - U.S.A.
ICI Paints (Glidden) - England
Sherwin Williams - U.S.A.
Many of the brands in this thread are made by one of these companies.....including P&L - who was bought out by SW many years ago.
And if you think that the dealers who sell P&L don't tell SW what type of product performance they want - and what they want to pay - you don't know what a free market is.
(Anyway recently did the entire interior of my home with Benjamin Moore...very satisfied!)
Thank you for contacting Glidden Paints. We appreciate the time you took
to contact us.
We sell quality products both at the Home Depot and through our Independent
Retailers. The Home Depot can buy paint in a larger quantity, therefore
their price will be lower.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at GliddenPaint@ici.com
or via our customer dedicated number at 1-800-GLIDDEN (454-3336). Customer
Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 8:00
pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Eastern Standard Time.
Consumer Call Center Agent
The Glidden Company www.GliddenPaint.com
I work for one of the largest paint manufactuers of paint in the USA, Duron.
Yes we are good to our customers because that is all we do is paint, but free coffee, donuts etc. will not keep the proffessional painter coming back if the paint and the service are bad. I dare say we match more colors from the big boxes than they do of ours. The painters that I deal with do not go to HP, Loews Etc. because their reputation is built on how the job looks and holds up and if the paint does not cover or work well it just ends up costing them money.
I am sure that the big retailers can afford to pay someone to tell the paint manufactures how they want the paint made. Also they can tell them what type of price point they want to sell the paint for and then the paint companies can make a product to fit into that range that is if they want the contract to sell there.
We use to have our paint in HP but they did not want our premiun line as I am sure it would have made the Behr look bad.
Have a great day everyone.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers