I will say though J - as a moderator you should watch what you say - The major paint manufacturers watch these types of sites all the time - You will look foolish if you are mistaken in your facts (opinions?)
Just so you all know...... The four largest paint companies in the world (2002)
Akzo-Nobel - Belgium
PPG - U.S.A.
ICI Paints (Glidden) - England
Sherwin Williams - U.S.A.
Many of the brands in this thread are made by one of these companies.....including P&L - who was bought out by SW many years ago.
And if you think that the dealers who sell P&L don't tell SW what type of product performance they want - and what they want to pay - you don't know what a free market is.
(Anyway recently did the entire interior of my home with Benjamin Moore...very satisfied!)
Thank you for contacting Glidden Paints. We appreciate the time you took
to contact us.
We sell quality products both at the Home Depot and through our Independent
Retailers. The Home Depot can buy paint in a larger quantity, therefore
their price will be lower.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at [email protected]
or via our customer dedicated number at 1-800-GLIDDEN (454-3336). Customer
Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 8:00
pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Eastern Standard Time.
Consumer Call Center Agent
The Glidden Company www.GliddenPaint.com
I work for one of the largest paint manufactuers of paint in the USA, Duron.
Yes we are good to our customers because that is all we do is paint, but free coffee, donuts etc. will not keep the proffessional painter coming back if the paint and the service are bad. I dare say we match more colors from the big boxes than they do of ours. The painters that I deal with do not go to HP, Loews Etc. because their reputation is built on how the job looks and holds up and if the paint does not cover or work well it just ends up costing them money.
I am sure that the big retailers can afford to pay someone to tell the paint manufactures how they want the paint made. Also they can tell them what type of price point they want to sell the paint for and then the paint companies can make a product to fit into that range that is if they want the contract to sell there.
We use to have our paint in HP but they did not want our premiun line as I am sure it would have made the Behr look bad.
Have a great day everyone.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes