Painting the bath tub
Hope this helps.
I renovate homes for a living. The experience I've run into with "painted" tubs is horrible. The paint just dosen't last and will start peeling. I've had to get the paint off these tubs and at one point I bit the bullet and bought a new one. If your tub is a clawfoot ( antique ), it can be refinished by a local business to look like new. Get me some more info on your status and I'll be able to help more.
Find a reputable refinishing company to do the job right the first time and it will last. Dont even try to buy the DIY epoxy kit and paint a tub yourself with a roller, it just doesn't work. It will cost us additionally $80 to strip it off. The right way to do it is to use Acrylic Polyurethane Resin with a HVLP Spray system. These coating can be dry as fast as 4 hours, depend on what your refinisher choose.
After reglaze, there are few rules you must follow like never use a suction cup bathmat, always fix a leakage faucet as soon as you can and try not to leave shampoo bottle on the finish. As long as you follow this guidelines, the new finish should give you atleast 10 years of use, or spend a little more money to get a Tubliner install onto your tub. Make sure the technician are factory trained. Additionally, most reputable company will give you atleast 5 year warranty on their product. You can visit my company website www.surfacerx.com to find out more about this subject.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight