Painting the bath tub
Hope this helps.
I renovate homes for a living. The experience I've run into with "painted" tubs is horrible. The paint just dosen't last and will start peeling. I've had to get the paint off these tubs and at one point I bit the bullet and bought a new one. If your tub is a clawfoot ( antique ), it can be refinished by a local business to look like new. Get me some more info on your status and I'll be able to help more.
Find a reputable refinishing company to do the job right the first time and it will last. Dont even try to buy the DIY epoxy kit and paint a tub yourself with a roller, it just doesn't work. It will cost us additionally $80 to strip it off. The right way to do it is to use Acrylic Polyurethane Resin with a HVLP Spray system. These coating can be dry as fast as 4 hours, depend on what your refinisher choose.
After reglaze, there are few rules you must follow like never use a suction cup bathmat, always fix a leakage faucet as soon as you can and try not to leave shampoo bottle on the finish. As long as you follow this guidelines, the new finish should give you atleast 10 years of use, or spend a little more money to get a Tubliner install onto your tub. Make sure the technician are factory trained. Additionally, most reputable company will give you atleast 5 year warranty on their product. You can visit my company website www.surfacerx.com to find out more about this subject.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects