Painting the bath tub
Hope this helps.
I renovate homes for a living. The experience I've run into with "painted" tubs is horrible. The paint just dosen't last and will start peeling. I've had to get the paint off these tubs and at one point I bit the bullet and bought a new one. If your tub is a clawfoot ( antique ), it can be refinished by a local business to look like new. Get me some more info on your status and I'll be able to help more.
Find a reputable refinishing company to do the job right the first time and it will last. Dont even try to buy the DIY epoxy kit and paint a tub yourself with a roller, it just doesn't work. It will cost us additionally $80 to strip it off. The right way to do it is to use Acrylic Polyurethane Resin with a HVLP Spray system. These coating can be dry as fast as 4 hours, depend on what your refinisher choose.
After reglaze, there are few rules you must follow like never use a suction cup bathmat, always fix a leakage faucet as soon as you can and try not to leave shampoo bottle on the finish. As long as you follow this guidelines, the new finish should give you atleast 10 years of use, or spend a little more money to get a Tubliner install onto your tub. Make sure the technician are factory trained. Additionally, most reputable company will give you atleast 5 year warranty on their product. You can visit my company website www.surfacerx.com to find out more about this subject.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes