Painting the bath tub
Hope this helps.
I renovate homes for a living. The experience I've run into with "painted" tubs is horrible. The paint just dosen't last and will start peeling. I've had to get the paint off these tubs and at one point I bit the bullet and bought a new one. If your tub is a clawfoot ( antique ), it can be refinished by a local business to look like new. Get me some more info on your status and I'll be able to help more.
Find a reputable refinishing company to do the job right the first time and it will last. Dont even try to buy the DIY epoxy kit and paint a tub yourself with a roller, it just doesn't work. It will cost us additionally $80 to strip it off. The right way to do it is to use Acrylic Polyurethane Resin with a HVLP Spray system. These coating can be dry as fast as 4 hours, depend on what your refinisher choose.
After reglaze, there are few rules you must follow like never use a suction cup bathmat, always fix a leakage faucet as soon as you can and try not to leave shampoo bottle on the finish. As long as you follow this guidelines, the new finish should give you atleast 10 years of use, or spend a little more money to get a Tubliner install onto your tub. Make sure the technician are factory trained. Additionally, most reputable company will give you atleast 5 year warranty on their product. You can visit my company website www.surfacerx.com to find out more about this subject.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!