Ralph Lauren denim. Anybody like it, hate it?
No I don't mean the way it lokks. That doesn't matter cause my 14 year old daughter "loves" the way it looks on the commercials. Is this doable without hiring a "pro"?
Just did the denim in our master BR, and it was great! This was my first experience actually doing a faux finish and found it to be a very easy process. Just make sure to follow the directions in the pamphlet (the free "denim" pamphlet at HD), but I would suggest a smaller working area than mentioned in the pamphlet. I broke off in 2 ft intervals, amounting to 16 sq ft of working space for each denim "panel." The glaze was VERY workable, and I wasn't in a rush against time. Honestly, I think it took me longer to mask off my panels than to finish the technique. No pros needed - just a little patience.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!