Ralph Lauren denim. Anybody like it, hate it?
No I don't mean the way it lokks. That doesn't matter cause my 14 year old daughter "loves" the way it looks on the commercials. Is this doable without hiring a "pro"?
Just did the denim in our master BR, and it was great! This was my first experience actually doing a faux finish and found it to be a very easy process. Just make sure to follow the directions in the pamphlet (the free "denim" pamphlet at HD), but I would suggest a smaller working area than mentioned in the pamphlet. I broke off in 2 ft intervals, amounting to 16 sq ft of working space for each denim "panel." The glaze was VERY workable, and I wasn't in a rush against time. Honestly, I think it took me longer to mask off my panels than to finish the technique. No pros needed - just a little patience.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight