After new roof & new chimney leaks continue. Roofer & mason are stumped. Chimney coated with 3 coats of sealer and tar on top. Roofer used aluminum flashing cut into chimney over step flashing over 12" of ice shield.
Leaks come down over outside of cinder blocks in attic and even stained bricks in first floor.
it sounds for the most part proper, you may want to get another contractor out there and get a fresh pair of eyes on it. It is hard to know over the internet what could be wrong, so go find another local guy who has no idea whats goin on and let him figure it out, it could be something simple
You need to give us more info! Is there a cricket behind the chimney? Is there snow accumulation? How high (or low) is the chimney relative to the ridge? Do you have any air outlets anywhere close to the chimney? Has anyone done a water test?
We had a guy come out to clean our chimney the other day. He noticed some places where it might leak also. I don't want any problems once Winter hits so I want to get it looked at now. Hopefully we can get it fixed quickly before it becomes a real problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes