After new roof & new chimney leaks continue. Roofer & mason are stumped. Chimney coated with 3 coats of sealer and tar on top. Roofer used aluminum flashing cut into chimney over step flashing over 12" of ice shield.
Leaks come down over outside of cinder blocks in attic and even stained bricks in first floor.
it sounds for the most part proper, you may want to get another contractor out there and get a fresh pair of eyes on it. It is hard to know over the internet what could be wrong, so go find another local guy who has no idea whats goin on and let him figure it out, it could be something simple
You need to give us more info! Is there a cricket behind the chimney? Is there snow accumulation? How high (or low) is the chimney relative to the ridge? Do you have any air outlets anywhere close to the chimney? Has anyone done a water test?
We had a guy come out to clean our chimney the other day. He noticed some places where it might leak also. I don't want any problems once Winter hits so I want to get it looked at now. Hopefully we can get it fixed quickly before it becomes a real problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!