How Do I Paint Steel Doors
OK since you have a mess, get some xylene at the hardware store. OUTSIDE..put down same cardboard and set the door on it. With a brush...brush the xylene over the door and use the solvent to wash the paint off. This will take a while.
Clean it off with a rag. When it dries, scuff sand the door with some scotch brite or #220 sandpaper. Prime the door with exterior acrylic primer. Make sure that you buy a GOOD brush not a $5.00 cheapie. Also by some latex paint conditioner to add to your top coat.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!