Tape adhesive on my walls!
I would suggest you clean the residue off first. Get a cottonball and dip it in some Skin-So-Soft, and gently rub. After that, get a bucket of warm water and lightly wash the area that you swabbed the residue from. Let it dry, them PRIME/SEAL the the wall with Primer/Sealer first, THEN paint. The Primer/Sealer will prevent any remaining residue from bleeding through your paint. PLUS, it will actually 'allow' your finish coat of paint to 'stick' to the wall. In short, by applying Primer/Sealer, you're sealing the 'stuff' BEHIND the Primer-Sealer, and creating a 'layer' that is now paintable. If you DON'T seal the areas in question, the finish paint may not adhere. Remember, if is glue, and I'm sure that finish paint's DON'T like to come 'in contact' with a 'foreign material'.
Spenc decent $$$ on paint and tools. Don't skimp!!! And IMO, stay away from the Home Centers. I don't like their paint selection and 'how' they're made. (YOu get what you pay for.) To find a Paint Retailer in your area, open the YELLOW PAGES and look under PAINT - RETAIL for info. You'll be more pleased w/the results!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips