Tape adhesive on my walls!
I would suggest you clean the residue off first. Get a cottonball and dip it in some Skin-So-Soft, and gently rub. After that, get a bucket of warm water and lightly wash the area that you swabbed the residue from. Let it dry, them PRIME/SEAL the the wall with Primer/Sealer first, THEN paint. The Primer/Sealer will prevent any remaining residue from bleeding through your paint. PLUS, it will actually 'allow' your finish coat of paint to 'stick' to the wall. In short, by applying Primer/Sealer, you're sealing the 'stuff' BEHIND the Primer-Sealer, and creating a 'layer' that is now paintable. If you DON'T seal the areas in question, the finish paint may not adhere. Remember, if is glue, and I'm sure that finish paint's DON'T like to come 'in contact' with a 'foreign material'.
Spenc decent $$$ on paint and tools. Don't skimp!!! And IMO, stay away from the Home Centers. I don't like their paint selection and 'how' they're made. (YOu get what you pay for.) To find a Paint Retailer in your area, open the YELLOW PAGES and look under PAINT - RETAIL for info. You'll be more pleased w/the results!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them