Tape adhesive on my walls!
I would suggest you clean the residue off first. Get a cottonball and dip it in some Skin-So-Soft, and gently rub. After that, get a bucket of warm water and lightly wash the area that you swabbed the residue from. Let it dry, them PRIME/SEAL the the wall with Primer/Sealer first, THEN paint. The Primer/Sealer will prevent any remaining residue from bleeding through your paint. PLUS, it will actually 'allow' your finish coat of paint to 'stick' to the wall. In short, by applying Primer/Sealer, you're sealing the 'stuff' BEHIND the Primer-Sealer, and creating a 'layer' that is now paintable. If you DON'T seal the areas in question, the finish paint may not adhere. Remember, if is glue, and I'm sure that finish paint's DON'T like to come 'in contact' with a 'foreign material'.
Spenc decent $$$ on paint and tools. Don't skimp!!! And IMO, stay away from the Home Centers. I don't like their paint selection and 'how' they're made. (YOu get what you pay for.) To find a Paint Retailer in your area, open the YELLOW PAGES and look under PAINT - RETAIL for info. You'll be more pleased w/the results!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes