Tape adhesive on my walls!
I would suggest you clean the residue off first. Get a cottonball and dip it in some Skin-So-Soft, and gently rub. After that, get a bucket of warm water and lightly wash the area that you swabbed the residue from. Let it dry, them PRIME/SEAL the the wall with Primer/Sealer first, THEN paint. The Primer/Sealer will prevent any remaining residue from bleeding through your paint. PLUS, it will actually 'allow' your finish coat of paint to 'stick' to the wall. In short, by applying Primer/Sealer, you're sealing the 'stuff' BEHIND the Primer-Sealer, and creating a 'layer' that is now paintable. If you DON'T seal the areas in question, the finish paint may not adhere. Remember, if is glue, and I'm sure that finish paint's DON'T like to come 'in contact' with a 'foreign material'.
Spenc decent $$$ on paint and tools. Don't skimp!!! And IMO, stay away from the Home Centers. I don't like their paint selection and 'how' they're made. (YOu get what you pay for.) To find a Paint Retailer in your area, open the YELLOW PAGES and look under PAINT - RETAIL for info. You'll be more pleased w/the results!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight