Tape adhesive on my walls!
I would suggest you clean the residue off first. Get a cottonball and dip it in some Skin-So-Soft, and gently rub. After that, get a bucket of warm water and lightly wash the area that you swabbed the residue from. Let it dry, them PRIME/SEAL the the wall with Primer/Sealer first, THEN paint. The Primer/Sealer will prevent any remaining residue from bleeding through your paint. PLUS, it will actually 'allow' your finish coat of paint to 'stick' to the wall. In short, by applying Primer/Sealer, you're sealing the 'stuff' BEHIND the Primer-Sealer, and creating a 'layer' that is now paintable. If you DON'T seal the areas in question, the finish paint may not adhere. Remember, if is glue, and I'm sure that finish paint's DON'T like to come 'in contact' with a 'foreign material'.
Spenc decent $$$ on paint and tools. Don't skimp!!! And IMO, stay away from the Home Centers. I don't like their paint selection and 'how' they're made. (YOu get what you pay for.) To find a Paint Retailer in your area, open the YELLOW PAGES and look under PAINT - RETAIL for info. You'll be more pleased w/the results!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs