How does a painter know what to charge?
Then they will adjust the price based on how much extra work they anticipate. Heavily pigmented paints take more work. Do you need a primer coat first? Your opinion only counts if you won't hold the painter accountable for the finished product and no painter will trust you on that issue. They've been burned before.
An established painter uses his/her experience. They just know how long certain rooms take.
Why would you expect someone to bid a job blind? There's no way anyone can tell what shape your walls are in. The walls and/or trim might need extra prep.
You might have a lot of furniture to move around. Some spots may take special scaffolding.
Bottom line - its not just the square footage.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools