How does a painter know what to charge?
Then they will adjust the price based on how much extra work they anticipate. Heavily pigmented paints take more work. Do you need a primer coat first? Your opinion only counts if you won't hold the painter accountable for the finished product and no painter will trust you on that issue. They've been burned before.
An established painter uses his/her experience. They just know how long certain rooms take.
Why would you expect someone to bid a job blind? There's no way anyone can tell what shape your walls are in. The walls and/or trim might need extra prep.
You might have a lot of furniture to move around. Some spots may take special scaffolding.
Bottom line - its not just the square footage.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!