How does a painter know what to charge?
Then they will adjust the price based on how much extra work they anticipate. Heavily pigmented paints take more work. Do you need a primer coat first? Your opinion only counts if you won't hold the painter accountable for the finished product and no painter will trust you on that issue. They've been burned before.
An established painter uses his/her experience. They just know how long certain rooms take.
Why would you expect someone to bid a job blind? There's no way anyone can tell what shape your walls are in. The walls and/or trim might need extra prep.
You might have a lot of furniture to move around. Some spots may take special scaffolding.
Bottom line - its not just the square footage.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips