I want to put a texture on my drywalls but do not want to use a texture gun. Does you know how I can do this?
HI! FIRST, IF YOU LIVE IN A WINDY,DUSTY AREA, AND GET SPIDERS IN YOUR HOME, I WOULDN'T RECOMEND IT AT ALL. WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. BUGS REALLY GET STUCK IN THE TEXTURE WHEN HIT WITH FLY-SWATTERS, AND THE DUST REALLY GETS INTO ALL THE LITTLE KNOOKS AND CRANNIES. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO IT- JUST USE DRY JOINT COMPOUND AND ADD WATER TO THAT. MIX QUITE THIN, LIKE PAINT. PUT ON WITH PAINT ROLLER. LET IT DRY PARTIALLY. KNOCK THE TIPS OFF WITH THE SPREADER YOU USE FOR STUCCO. WE USED A PORTABLE PAINT SPRAYER AND DID THE WHOLE HOUSE. BEWARE OF SPIDERS & DUST!!!
I would really recommend the hopper gun. Its really difficult to get good results from rolling on a texture. Plus you can texture a room in like 5 to 10 minutes with a hopper gun. I did both and really disliked the rolled affect. You could buy a sheet of drywall to practice on first either way though.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers