I want to put a texture on my drywalls but do not want to use a texture gun. Does you know how I can do this?
HI! FIRST, IF YOU LIVE IN A WINDY,DUSTY AREA, AND GET SPIDERS IN YOUR HOME, I WOULDN'T RECOMEND IT AT ALL. WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. BUGS REALLY GET STUCK IN THE TEXTURE WHEN HIT WITH FLY-SWATTERS, AND THE DUST REALLY GETS INTO ALL THE LITTLE KNOOKS AND CRANNIES. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO IT- JUST USE DRY JOINT COMPOUND AND ADD WATER TO THAT. MIX QUITE THIN, LIKE PAINT. PUT ON WITH PAINT ROLLER. LET IT DRY PARTIALLY. KNOCK THE TIPS OFF WITH THE SPREADER YOU USE FOR STUCCO. WE USED A PORTABLE PAINT SPRAYER AND DID THE WHOLE HOUSE. BEWARE OF SPIDERS & DUST!!!
I would really recommend the hopper gun. Its really difficult to get good results from rolling on a texture. Plus you can texture a room in like 5 to 10 minutes with a hopper gun. I did both and really disliked the rolled affect. You could buy a sheet of drywall to practice on first either way though.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects