I want to put a texture on my drywalls but do not want to use a texture gun. Does you know how I can do this?
HI! FIRST, IF YOU LIVE IN A WINDY,DUSTY AREA, AND GET SPIDERS IN YOUR HOME, I WOULDN'T RECOMEND IT AT ALL. WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. BUGS REALLY GET STUCK IN THE TEXTURE WHEN HIT WITH FLY-SWATTERS, AND THE DUST REALLY GETS INTO ALL THE LITTLE KNOOKS AND CRANNIES. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO IT- JUST USE DRY JOINT COMPOUND AND ADD WATER TO THAT. MIX QUITE THIN, LIKE PAINT. PUT ON WITH PAINT ROLLER. LET IT DRY PARTIALLY. KNOCK THE TIPS OFF WITH THE SPREADER YOU USE FOR STUCCO. WE USED A PORTABLE PAINT SPRAYER AND DID THE WHOLE HOUSE. BEWARE OF SPIDERS & DUST!!!
I would really recommend the hopper gun. Its really difficult to get good results from rolling on a texture. Plus you can texture a room in like 5 to 10 minutes with a hopper gun. I did both and really disliked the rolled affect. You could buy a sheet of drywall to practice on first either way though.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes