I want to put a texture on my drywalls but do not want to use a texture gun. Does you know how I can do this?
HI! FIRST, IF YOU LIVE IN A WINDY,DUSTY AREA, AND GET SPIDERS IN YOUR HOME, I WOULDN'T RECOMEND IT AT ALL. WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. BUGS REALLY GET STUCK IN THE TEXTURE WHEN HIT WITH FLY-SWATTERS, AND THE DUST REALLY GETS INTO ALL THE LITTLE KNOOKS AND CRANNIES. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO IT- JUST USE DRY JOINT COMPOUND AND ADD WATER TO THAT. MIX QUITE THIN, LIKE PAINT. PUT ON WITH PAINT ROLLER. LET IT DRY PARTIALLY. KNOCK THE TIPS OFF WITH THE SPREADER YOU USE FOR STUCCO. WE USED A PORTABLE PAINT SPRAYER AND DID THE WHOLE HOUSE. BEWARE OF SPIDERS & DUST!!!
I would really recommend the hopper gun. Its really difficult to get good results from rolling on a texture. Plus you can texture a room in like 5 to 10 minutes with a hopper gun. I did both and really disliked the rolled affect. You could buy a sheet of drywall to practice on first either way though.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!