I want to put a texture on my drywalls but do not want to use a texture gun. Does you know how I can do this?
HI! FIRST, IF YOU LIVE IN A WINDY,DUSTY AREA, AND GET SPIDERS IN YOUR HOME, I WOULDN'T RECOMEND IT AT ALL. WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. BUGS REALLY GET STUCK IN THE TEXTURE WHEN HIT WITH FLY-SWATTERS, AND THE DUST REALLY GETS INTO ALL THE LITTLE KNOOKS AND CRANNIES. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO IT- JUST USE DRY JOINT COMPOUND AND ADD WATER TO THAT. MIX QUITE THIN, LIKE PAINT. PUT ON WITH PAINT ROLLER. LET IT DRY PARTIALLY. KNOCK THE TIPS OFF WITH THE SPREADER YOU USE FOR STUCCO. WE USED A PORTABLE PAINT SPRAYER AND DID THE WHOLE HOUSE. BEWARE OF SPIDERS & DUST!!!
I would really recommend the hopper gun. Its really difficult to get good results from rolling on a texture. Plus you can texture a room in like 5 to 10 minutes with a hopper gun. I did both and really disliked the rolled affect. You could buy a sheet of drywall to practice on first either way though.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!