I want to spray paint my open weave style patio furniture, but it has "green" stuff on it. What is the best/easiest way to prep the furniture prior to stray painting?
It sounds as if you have mildew/algee on the furniture and you will need to remove it will a solution of 3 parts water 1 part bleach and a couple of onces of liquid cleaner such as simple green. Let this set on the surface for 15 minutes and scrub with a brush to remove all the dirt and rinse well with water. Allow to dry and remove any loose and flaking paint and rust with a wire brush and and prime any bare spots and finish with a spray enamel.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!