I want to spray paint my open weave style patio furniture, but it has "green" stuff on it. What is the best/easiest way to prep the furniture prior to stray painting?
It sounds as if you have mildew/algee on the furniture and you will need to remove it will a solution of 3 parts water 1 part bleach and a couple of onces of liquid cleaner such as simple green. Let this set on the surface for 15 minutes and scrub with a brush to remove all the dirt and rinse well with water. Allow to dry and remove any loose and flaking paint and rust with a wire brush and and prime any bare spots and finish with a spray enamel.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!