I want to spray paint my open weave style patio furniture, but it has "green" stuff on it. What is the best/easiest way to prep the furniture prior to stray painting?
It sounds as if you have mildew/algee on the furniture and you will need to remove it will a solution of 3 parts water 1 part bleach and a couple of onces of liquid cleaner such as simple green. Let this set on the surface for 15 minutes and scrub with a brush to remove all the dirt and rinse well with water. Allow to dry and remove any loose and flaking paint and rust with a wire brush and and prime any bare spots and finish with a spray enamel.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight