painting interior door
We just painted all of woodwork white and are now deciding what to do with the banister, railing and the interior of the door. The new color on the woodwork is white, but the banister, railing and door are a dark stain. We have a split entry home, so it is just a small entry way. we have a dark green carpeting on the stairway leading up from the entry way to the living room. Should we paint all of this white to match the woodwork or should we leave it the dark stain? Should could use some help on this one!
A look that you see a lot of is the pickets painted and the handrail stained and this is a good way to go as there is less maintenance on a stained handrail. As for the door if you really want to lighten up the area go and paint the door.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!