painting interior door
We just painted all of woodwork white and are now deciding what to do with the banister, railing and the interior of the door. The new color on the woodwork is white, but the banister, railing and door are a dark stain. We have a split entry home, so it is just a small entry way. we have a dark green carpeting on the stairway leading up from the entry way to the living room. Should we paint all of this white to match the woodwork or should we leave it the dark stain? Should could use some help on this one!
A look that you see a lot of is the pickets painted and the handrail stained and this is a good way to go as there is less maintenance on a stained handrail. As for the door if you really want to lighten up the area go and paint the door.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight