paint vinyl cove?
After the vinyl cove was installed in my bathroom I noticed that it wasn't exactly "white"-more of a cream- and clashes with the white/grey vinyl flooring. I plan on painting the walls, can I paint the vinyl cove also? If so, what kind of primer will it need so the paint will stay?
Yes you can paint vinyl cove base but I would only do it as a last resort as now it is a maintenance issue. Befoe you paint this you will need to make sure there is not some type of film on the vinyl that will affect adhesion. You will need to wash the vinyl with amonia and water twice to sure it is clean. The primer will need to be water based and can be something like Zinnser 123 and then finish with an enmael ( oil or acrylic) because of the abuse this will get.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips