paint vinyl cove?
After the vinyl cove was installed in my bathroom I noticed that it wasn't exactly "white"-more of a cream- and clashes with the white/grey vinyl flooring. I plan on painting the walls, can I paint the vinyl cove also? If so, what kind of primer will it need so the paint will stay?
Yes you can paint vinyl cove base but I would only do it as a last resort as now it is a maintenance issue. Befoe you paint this you will need to make sure there is not some type of film on the vinyl that will affect adhesion. You will need to wash the vinyl with amonia and water twice to sure it is clean. The primer will need to be water based and can be something like Zinnser 123 and then finish with an enmael ( oil or acrylic) because of the abuse this will get.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!