paint vinyl cove?
After the vinyl cove was installed in my bathroom I noticed that it wasn't exactly "white"-more of a cream- and clashes with the white/grey vinyl flooring. I plan on painting the walls, can I paint the vinyl cove also? If so, what kind of primer will it need so the paint will stay?
Yes you can paint vinyl cove base but I would only do it as a last resort as now it is a maintenance issue. Befoe you paint this you will need to make sure there is not some type of film on the vinyl that will affect adhesion. You will need to wash the vinyl with amonia and water twice to sure it is clean. The primer will need to be water based and can be something like Zinnser 123 and then finish with an enmael ( oil or acrylic) because of the abuse this will get.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects