paint vinyl cove?
After the vinyl cove was installed in my bathroom I noticed that it wasn't exactly "white"-more of a cream- and clashes with the white/grey vinyl flooring. I plan on painting the walls, can I paint the vinyl cove also? If so, what kind of primer will it need so the paint will stay?
Yes you can paint vinyl cove base but I would only do it as a last resort as now it is a maintenance issue. Befoe you paint this you will need to make sure there is not some type of film on the vinyl that will affect adhesion. You will need to wash the vinyl with amonia and water twice to sure it is clean. The primer will need to be water based and can be something like Zinnser 123 and then finish with an enmael ( oil or acrylic) because of the abuse this will get.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING