My husband and I are getting a modular home that comes with vinyl siding and we are not too crazy about the look of it. Are there any other cost-effective options? We don't want to break the bank, but we really don't like vinyl siding. We love cedar shakes, but know that would be too much. Stonework would be too much but we also love that look. Advice?
You mentioned cedar shake, but have you looked at simulated shake? Looks just like cedar, is usually less money, and won't need to be stained all the time. Try www.alside.com. They make vinyl siding, and also have two shake options, Arch. Impressions II, and Pelican Bay.
Should I partially replace the cedar with something ...
Wolverine Millennium Siding
Siding: Cedar vs Cement
It looks like T111, but it isn't
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight