My husband and I are getting a modular home that comes with vinyl siding and we are not too crazy about the look of it. Are there any other cost-effective options? We don't want to break the bank, but we really don't like vinyl siding. We love cedar shakes, but know that would be too much. Stonework would be too much but we also love that look. Advice?
You mentioned cedar shake, but have you looked at simulated shake? Looks just like cedar, is usually less money, and won't need to be stained all the time. Try www.alside.com. They make vinyl siding, and also have two shake options, Arch. Impressions II, and Pelican Bay.
Should I partially replace the cedar with something ...
Wolverine Millennium Siding
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!