My husband and I are getting a modular home that comes with vinyl siding and we are not too crazy about the look of it. Are there any other cost-effective options? We don't want to break the bank, but we really don't like vinyl siding. We love cedar shakes, but know that would be too much. Stonework would be too much but we also love that look. Advice?
You mentioned cedar shake, but have you looked at simulated shake? Looks just like cedar, is usually less money, and won't need to be stained all the time. Try www.alside.com. They make vinyl siding, and also have two shake options, Arch. Impressions II, and Pelican Bay.
Should I partially replace the cedar with something ...
Wolverine Millennium Siding
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips