painting over hinges??
Just bite the bullet and buy new ones.
The hinges were originally gold. My wife took the hinges, wire brushed them to clean off any residual crap, and gave them a couple of light coats of rustoleum gray primer. after they had dried for a day, she made sure that they were completely covered with the primer and sprayed them with the new rustoleum stainless steel finish paint. They came out great. I was very surprised to say the least.
And they haven't chipped or flaked from use at all. I would have thought that would be a problem, but it hasn't been.
repairing pin holes and dimples before painting drywall
Painting over formica
painting ceramic tile
wall paper over wall paper or paint over wall paper
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips