painting over hinges??
Just bite the bullet and buy new ones.
The hinges were originally gold. My wife took the hinges, wire brushed them to clean off any residual crap, and gave them a couple of light coats of rustoleum gray primer. after they had dried for a day, she made sure that they were completely covered with the primer and sprayed them with the new rustoleum stainless steel finish paint. They came out great. I was very surprised to say the least.
And they haven't chipped or flaked from use at all. I would have thought that would be a problem, but it hasn't been.
repairing pin holes and dimples before painting drywall
Painting over formica
painting ceramic tile
wall paper over wall paper or paint over wall paper
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects