painting over hinges??
Just bite the bullet and buy new ones.
The hinges were originally gold. My wife took the hinges, wire brushed them to clean off any residual crap, and gave them a couple of light coats of rustoleum gray primer. after they had dried for a day, she made sure that they were completely covered with the primer and sprayed them with the new rustoleum stainless steel finish paint. They came out great. I was very surprised to say the least.
And they haven't chipped or flaked from use at all. I would have thought that would be a problem, but it hasn't been.
repairing pin holes and dimples before painting drywall
Painting over formica
painting ceramic tile
wall paper over wall paper or paint over wall paper
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!