Wall meets ceiling painting
Paint the ceiling first and don't have a heart attack if you get a little on the wall.
Then you cut into the wall top with the brush, I usually use a two inch brush.
The key with popcorn ceilings is that you never know what you're going to get until you've started and it's too late, so it's best to be cautious to start out with.
Some popcorn ceilings have a bad habit of disintegrating if they get too wet with paint. Latex paint, particularly. It can get the popcorn damp and release it from the drywall on the ceiling. It's not a bad idea to start out with an oil primer and go VERY light with a roller. Otherwise, you can end up rolling the paint on, and having the popcorn roll off in big blotches. And that stuff is no fun at all to have to try to patch afterwards.
[This message has been edited by JayF (edited December 10, 2002).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes