My hobby is bird houses, feeders, etc. I have built a beautiful feeder out of cypress material. I usually use cedar. Since cypress is bad about swelling when it gets wet, I am afraid that constant swelling and drying from weather conditions, it will tear up.I want to keep a natural look and wonder what should be used to seal it. We used to seal cypress boats with several coats of hot linseed oil. Suggestions appreciated.
best exterior paint for Atlanta
Best exterior paint for Florida Coastline?
Best exterior paint for oceanfront cottage in Florid...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects